Viewing your smartphone screen on your computer can be very useful in many situations.
For example, to view photos or videos on a larger screen, transfer files easily, use apps that require a touch screen on a PC or to control your phone if the screen breaks.
In this article, we are going to explain how to view the mobile screen on the computer using each of these methods.
Methods to view your mobile on your computer
There are several methods to connect your phone to your computer and mirror or extend the screen, both with a USB cable and wirelessly. Below, we will explain the different options.
Use a USB cable
This is the easiest method to view the mobile screen on the computer. To do this, you only need a USB cable and connect both devices.
Once the devices are connected, a window will appear on your computer that will allow you to access the files on your phone.
In Windows, your phone will appear as just another hard drive in File Explorer. On Mac, it will be mounted as an external drive. This way you can access all the photos, videos and documents stored on your mobile as if they were folders on your computer.
Best apps to view the mobile screen on PC
There are several applications that allow you to share your mobile screen with your computer regardless of whether you have any combination of PC, Mac, Android or iPhone.
Next, we recommend the following:
1. AirMirror: how to have control of your mobile over a PC screen
One of the most popular applications is AirMirror. This application is free and available for devices and .
To use AirMirror, you must install the application on your mobile and your computer. Once the app is installed, follow the following steps:
- Open AirMirror on your mobile.
- Select the “Share screen” option. Next, a QR code will be displayed on the mobile screen.
- Scan this QR code with your computer to establish the connection.
2. AirDroid, a veteran app
is a recognized app that allows you to manage your Android phone from your computer.
It offers functions such as transferring files, apps and photos, managing calls and SMS, and displaying the mobile screen on the computer.
An app that works even with broken devices. Connects to PC via . Allows touch remote control and use the PC keyboard and mouse to control your smartphone.
It is free with limitations and the Premium version offers even more features. To install AirDroid on your computer, follow these steps:
- Go to the AirDroid website and download the app for your computer.
- Once the app is downloaded, install it on your computer.
- Open AirDroid on your computer.
- On your Android phone, open the AirDroid app and scan the QR code that appears on your computer screen.
- Once your phone is connected to your computer, you can start using it.
- Also install the application on your mobile either from either .
And if you are looking for one With the best features and confidence of the Vodafone network to have WiFi in your home, you can find it at .
3. ApowerMirror, duplicate the screen of your Android or iPhone
A great option that we recommend to see your mobile screen on your computer, whether you have an Android or iPhone mobile, and a PC or a Mac, is ApowerMirror.
- First you must the version that corresponds to your operating system.
- Go to your phone and download the app for free either .
- Run the apps on your computer and phone, and tap to send the screen. You can do it connected with a cable or by having both devices connected to the same WiFi network.
Not only will you be able to see the mobile screen on your computer, it will also allow you to control it from your PC or Mac. This way you will be able to respond to messages, access notifications, etc.
4. SCRCPY, app compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
Scrcpy is an open source app compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux that projects and controls Android device screens natively and very quickly.
You don’t need to download any programs on your phone. You just have to activate USB Debugging in the options of your smartphone and connect it to the PC with a USB cable. Then the program is executed .
Allows you to mirror the screen, record and capture images. It even works with broken phones since it does not depend on the smartphone’s touch screen.
5. Vysor, view your mobile on your computer
The fourth alternative is Vysor. These are the steps to make it work:
- Download the and .
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging options (a notification will appear on your screen) when connecting it via cable to your computer (unless you pay for the Premium version).
- Run Vysor on your PC and mobile.
- On the computer application screen you will see your phone appear and the “View” option. Click and you can see your mobile screen on the computer and control it from the PC.
How to see your mobile screen on your computer with the native PC and Mac options
How to see the mobile screen on Windows PC
If you have a Windows PC, you can view your mobile screen without downloading additional programs or applications, but this is only possible on Windows 10 and with an Android mobile. The steps are the following:
- Connect your mobile and computer to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Windows settings menu and click “System” and then “Projection to this computer.”
- Make some adjustments to the screen that will appear to allow projection.
- Slide down the notification bar on your mobile and click on “Send/Broadcast/Screencast or Duplicate” (depending on the model).
- The system will search for available devices and the name of your PC will appear so you can connect.
- Once connected, your mobile screen will appear on your computer.
How to view iPhone on Mac
In case you have Apple devices, there is a very simple way to see the iPhone screen on the Mac, and it is through AirPlay.
With AirPlay, you can wirelessly duplicate content in screen mirror mode. Simply follow these simple steps:
- Slide the control center.
- Click the Screen Mirroring icon (a symbol with two rectangles).
- Select your Mac from the list of available devices and the content of your mobile will begin to display on your laptop screen.
- To stop it, follow the same steps.
As you can see, you have quite a few options if you want to see your smartphone screen on your PC or Mac.
Many of these applications also allow you to control it or exchange files. This is very interesting if you have your phone far away or don’t want to take it out of your pocket.
If you’re interested in seeing your smartphone on a larger device, learn .
How do you mirror your PC screen?
To mirror your PC screen, you must use a USB cable or an application that allows you to share the screen. If you use a USB cable, you must connect your PC to the TV or projector using an HDMI cable. If you use an app, you must install the app on your PC and your TV or projector.
How to connect my mobile phone with a broken screen to the computer?
If your mobile screen is broken, you can connect it to the computer using a USB cable. However, it is important to note that you may not be able to see the mobile screen correctly. In this case, you may have to use a screen sharing app.
How to connect my mobile phone to the PC with a USB cable?
To connect your mobile to the PC with a USB cable, you must use a USB-C to USB-A cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable. Once the mobile is connected to the PC, you can open a file explorer window and access the files on the mobile.